Sunday, June 18, 2006

Inside Connections. . .Lifestyle Beyond Religion

The next two weeks takes me out of the office and away from Dallas.

While I am away, most of my posts will be short. Most, if not all, will simply be quotations from the Bible. So much of what is there, and very close to the heart of ultimate matters, deal directly with wealth, the poor and social/economic justice.

I'll be thinking about these ideas while I am away. Hope you'll join me.
_____________________________________________________

Then the Lord said to him, “Now then, you Pharisees clean the outside of the cup and dish, but inside you are full of greed and wickedness. You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also? But give what is inside the dish [Or what you have] to the poor, and everything will be clean for you."
Lk. 11:39-41 NIV


But the Master said to him, "I know you Pharisees burnish the surface of your cups and plates so they sparkle in the sun, but I also know your insides are maggoty with greed and secret evil. Stupid Pharisees! Didn't the One who made the outside also make the inside? Turn both your pockets and your hearts inside out and give generously to the poor; then your lives will be clean, not just your dishes and your hands."
Lk. 11:39-41 The Message

No comments: