Recently, a fellow blogger sent me the following list of "prompts" and asked that I respond to each and then "tag" some fellow inhabitant of the blogosphere. If you are such a soul, consider yourself tagged!
Here are my responses today. . .could easily change tomorrow!
1. One book that changed your life: Jack Nelson, Hunger for Justice: The Politics of Food and Faith (Orbis Press, 1980)
2. One book that you've read more than once: Gustavo Gutierrez, A Theology of Liberation (Orbis Press, 1973)
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: The Complete Works of William Shakespeare
4. One book that made you laugh: Willie Nelson, The Tao of Willie: A Guide to the Happiness in Your Heart Gotham Books, 2005
5. One book that made you cry: Khaled Hosseini, The Kite Runner (Riverhead Books, 2003)
6. One book you wish had been written: The story of the post-modern Christian community's leadership in an amazing victory over injustice, poverty, classism, racism, hatred and war.
7. One book you wish had never been written: James Allen, Hilton Als, Congressman John Lewis, Leon F. Litwak, Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography in America (Twin Palm Publishers, 2000)--I wish it had never been written because I wish even more that these horrible acts of human depravity and racism had never occurred.
8. One book you're currently reading: Randy J. Sparks, On Jordan's Stormy Banks: Evangelicalism in Mississippi, 1773-1876 (University of Georgia Press, 1994) --there is a story here; email me and I'll tell you!
9. One book you've been meaning to read: Thomas E. Ricks, Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq (The Penguin Press, 2006)
10. Tag five others: This post should tag many more than that!
Have at it, friends!
Or, if you prefer, share some of your answers here for all of us to review.
Blog Campaign Update: We've now "painted" and "sold" 16 little green houses (see above, top right)! Gifts from across the U. S. now total over $16,000! We have until October 31 to "sell" 84 more of these lovely homes! Spread the word by passing this post along to friends and fellow bloggers. Thanks to everyone who has been involved.
Announcement from Duke Memorial UMC
1 week ago