Saturday, December 09, 2006

Edd Eason, I need you!

Edd Eason is one of my dearest friends. We have played and worked together across the past almost 40 years. . .man, we are getting old!

Among Edd's many talents is his amazing ability with a camera.

I needed Edd last night as we enjoyed our annual staff Christmas party. It was an amazing time.
The meal was great, but simple.

Most of the program was a riot--a fully participatory game show like competition that got everyone involved.

We honored several people for their long tenure with CDM and we recognized Minnie Rodriguez as "Employee of the Year."

We got to hear Mr. Lloyd, Ms. Ransom's dear friend, play the piano.

Imtiaz filled the role of disc-jockey for us.

Keith orchestrated the entire affair with the able assistance of our Employee Relations Committee.

It was a wonderful evening.

But, I needed Edd because I left wishing I had a group photo of our team. I'm going to make arrangements to get one.

There are almost 100 of us now. We don't see each other every day, so we tend to forget who we actually are. It is an amazing group.

As we played and celebrated last night, it hit me that this is the way the whole world should work. Our group is so incredibly diverse. Our backgrounds bring us to CDM from many parts of the world it seems. Individually we represent just about every difference you could imagine. But we get along and we come together and we work hard and we change things.

I am so proud to be part of this amazing team of wonderful people who all share one thing in common: a commitment to keeping hope alive in individuals and in the communities where we live and work.

Edd, I need you, man! When can we get a group shot?

No comments: