Sunday, April 01, 2007

God, miracles and children


"In music, in a flower, in a leaf, in an act of kindness ... I see what people call God in all these things. "
- Pablo Casals


"The child must know that he is a miracle, a miracle, that since the beginning of the world there hasn't been and until the end of the world there will not be another child like him. He is a unique thing, a unique thing, from the beginning until the end of the world. Now, that child acquires a responsibility: “Yes, it is true, I am a miracle. I am a miracle like a tree is a miracle, like a flower is a miracle. Now, if I am a miracle, can I do a bad thing? I can't because I am a miracle, a miracle.”
- Pablo Casals


[Original watercolor, "Traversing the Hills" Limited Edition Print by Roderick MacIverUnframed Original from Heron Dance A Pause for Beauty #197-- www.herondance.org.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing way to view children and I can hardly begin to imagine the difference this outlook would make in the world. It seems like the effects of federal and state policies in our public school system only take us further away from this picture though. Many underprivileged children are told of everything but their uniqueness and capabilities by the way they are treated. I hope some changes are made soon to allow them to be their true selves.