Sunday, September 25, 2005

Purpose

My good buddy, Denny Boultinghouse sent the following quote my way last evening. It is a powerful call to travel through life on the path of purpose and power.

Thanks, Denny!

“Taking God’s assignment seriously means that I must learn to look at the world upside down, as Jesus did. Instead of seeking out people who stroke my ego, I find those whose egos need stroking; instead of important people with resources who can do me favors, I find people with few resources; instead of the strong, I look for the weak; instead of the healthy, the sick. Is not this how God reconciles the world to himself?...God’s gifts are best used in the visible world when we give them away in serving those who have less.”

Philip Yancey, Rumors of Another World ( page 202).

No comments: