Wednesday, January 09, 2008

BFW



Almost three decades ago (man, I'm gettin' old!) I discovered Bread for the World. I was a very young pastor serving a downtown church in New Orleans. I saw hunger on a daily basis, as I do today.

I'm not sure how I discovered the organization. But, when I did, I realized I had found an invaluable resource for understanding and shaping public policy around the issues associated with poverty both domestic and foreign.

Bread for the World is still going strong, actually stronger than ever. I recommend the organization and its work whenever I have the opportunity.

If you care about people who know far too much about poverty from personal experience, you'll want to become a member of BFW.

If you want up-to-date and accurate information about subjects of real concern, like the current battle over the farm bill, you need to check out BFW.

If you don't know what to do about hunger, join BFW for annual offering of letters organizing materials that can help mobilize your small group, Sunday School class, church or business associates to work for improving life for the poor here at home and around the world.

Check out Bread for the World at http://www.bread.org/.

No comments: