“If you work in this country, you should not be poor.”
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
1) Is this true? Do you agree? Why or why not?
2) If it is true, what does this statement imply or suggest?
3) If it is not true, what does that say about work and its value in view of the traditional high regard with which we have always held it?
4) If you were making a speech on work and advancing economic progress among the poor, would you ever use such a line? Why or why not?
5) If you wouldn't, what line would you put in its place?