Monday, August 24, 2009

A must read on health care reform. . .


What follows may be the best, most succinct thing I've read during the current health care reform debate. Thanks to my good friend, Randy Mayeux for sending me the link. I encourage you to read it all.
And, of course, I hope to read your reactions after you've done so.
________________________

I'm safe on board. Pull up the life rope
By Roger Ebert on August 20, 2009 4:44 PM


Having read through some 600 comments about universal health care, I now realize I took the wrong approach in my previous blog entry. I discussed the Obama health plan in political, literal, logical terms. Most of my readers replied in the same vein. The comments, as always, have been helpful, informative and for the most part civil. My mistake was writing from the pragmatic side. I should have followed my heart and gone with a more emotional approach. I believe universal health care is, quite simply, right.

Read the entire post here.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Lots of people think Obama is surrendering on the government run public health option, that he's trying to distract his kook base by returning to CIA interrogations.