Friday, January 08, 2010

Celebration of a new home. . .

After over four years we've finally leased the first apartments to formally homeless persons at CityWalk @Akard

It's been a long, eventful, instructive journey to say the least.  The building is not quite finished.  We expect all of the housing to be completed by late February.  Some parts of the retail and the 15th floor, market-rate condos will wrap up a bit later.

Central Dallas Ministries will move into our new offices on January 19

To say the least, we are excited.  Our new space is compact, efficient, simple, elegant and utilitarian.  I intend to walk the housing floors every day to meet and visit with our new neighbors. 

Personal note:  due to the fact that my new office is about 60% smaller than the office I've occupied for the past 15 years, I am selling a big part of my library.  If you are in Dallas and are interested, contact me.  The sale will be on January 15 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m.  The pricing plan on the books is very sophisticated.  Hardbacks $2.00 each.  Paperbacks $1.00 a copy! 

I had to share these photos of our executive team (L to R:  Keith Ackerman, VP of Community Service/COO; yours truly, Gerald Britt, VP for Public Policy and Community Program Development; Steve Palma, CFO and Chief Development Officer), as well as part of our larger administrative team who will occupy the new office space in the building. 

If you live in Dallas, I hope you'll call and set a time to come down to visit.  A grand opening celebration will take place at some point in March. 




No comments: