Sunday, February 13, 2011

CitySquare Thrift: Customer Testimony

Now a word from an encouraging supporter of CitySquare (formerly Central Dallas Ministries):


Please, let me share an experience that I had over the holidays.

I recently replaced the behemoth tube television in my bedroom with an LCD - it was so cheap. Problem is...what to do with its giant box of a predecessor!

Ahhhhhh, I called the Central Dallas Ministries (now CitySquare) Thrift Store.

A person named Will answered the phone - I explained that I knew that they did pick-ups but hated to ask them to come for one item so, if they would pick up the tube, I would gather some other "stuff". Will said that they had time the following day and that he would call me in the morning to confirm a time.

He did so and said that they would arrive between one and two. They did so. Two fellows in a large truck arrived right on time, receipt in hand. They picked up the TV and sundry parkas. In my embarrassed appreciation, I muttered, "Gee, I feel terrible that you all are getting so little."

One of the gentlemen said, "Thank you so much. This will help a lot of people." Both politely shook my hand, thanked me profusely and wished me a happy holiday.

Wow! What about this experience differed from every other one I have had with [she mentions other organizations]? EVERYTHING!!! They did exactly what they said they would do, on time and as courteous as can be...not to mention appreciative and, in reality, they had helped me.

This is an organization populated by folks who have been homeless, had addictions, fallen on hard times and they are more professional and more courteous than any for-profit organization I can bring to mind.

The last week of the year most of us are cleaning out closets,garages and scurrying around to drop-offs. If you are engaging in this enterprise, I encourage you to consider the Central Dallas Ministries Thrift Shop. You can deliver items there, too, but they will gladly send a truck and the nicest people in the world if you, like me, have something you cannot lift or fit into the car.

And, by the way, the Thrift Store is really cool- also very professionally managed and since folks like us with some pretty decent "stuff" to donate have learned about it- you can find some fun things.

Here is their contact information. I encourage you to have a great new year's experience!

Hugs, Lou Ann

CitySquare Thrift Store
1213 N Washington Ave, 75204

Hours: M-F 9a-6p, Sa 10a-3p
Closed on Sunday and major holidays

972-231-2220

http://citysq.org/donate

No comments: