Friday, April 06, 2012
CitySquare AmeriCorps team recruiting for summer 2012!
CitySquare’s Food on the Move program combats childhood hunger by deploying mobile teams of AmeriCorps members into low-income apartment communities to provide youth with a nutritious lunch and 30-45 minutes of enrichment each day during the summer break from school. The youth we touch do not have access to traditional summer programming or nutritious meals during the day – so we bring it to them!
Members must be 17 or older with a HS Diploma or GED prior to program start (May 29), have reliable transportation, and a desire to work with youth. In return for 330 hours of service between May 29-Aug 17, members receive a $1,800 living allowance and $1,175 education award.
CitySquare's AmeriCorps team provides the perfect service opportunity for returning college students, graduating seniors, or someone who just wants to give back in a big way this summer!
How to refer someone to our program:
1. Simply direct your friends, peers, neighbors, family, etc to the CitySquare website at www.CitySquare.org/BecomeAMember.
2. Direct potential applicants to us via email at AmeriCorps@CitySquare.org.
How to help us spread the word:
1. Pass this on via email to friends, family, peers, church groups, civic groups, PTA, neighborhood associations, any group you have access to via email.
2. Invite us to speak at a relevant networking event, organizational meeting, college class, etc.
3. Word of mouth – share this opportunity with your friends and family over dinner, at church, and other social gatherings!
4. Post a Flyer – I’ve attached a pull-tab flyer you can print out and post at your site, church, or any other community boards you have access to.
5. Social Media – blog, tweet, or facebook us! – spread the word about this opportunity through your social networks!
All the information any applicant will need to know may be found at our website.
Please feel free to contact me with questions or ideas on how to get the word out about this great summer opportunity.
Jennifer A. Rajkumar
N2 Texas Corps
409 N. Haskell Ave.
Dallas, TX 75246
P: 214 828 1085 ext 122
F: 214 828 6392