Thursday, September 20, 2012

Community


At CitySquare, we list "Community" as one of our core organizational values.  

Across the years, I've learned that without deep, unconditional relationships with others I am basically lost and largely ineffective.  

Embracing community opens doors to self-discovery and life purpose.  
When I read this quote from Desmond Tutu, it resonated deeply with my heart.  

What do you think?


"We say in our African idiom, 'A person is a person through other persons.' The solitary human being is a contradiction in terms. I need you in order to be me as you need me in order to be you. We are caught up in a delicate network of interconnectedness. I have gifts that you don't, and you have gifts I don't--voila! We are made different so that we may know our need of one another. The completely self-sufficient human being is subhuman. Thus diversity, difference is of the essence of who we are."

--Archbishop Desmond Tutu

No comments: