Friday, January 03, 2014

Personal mantra anyone?

Spend some time on Google with "personal mantra" and see what turns up for you. 

Apparently, mission statements, at both personal and corporate levels, are becoming passé.  Something to do with length, actual utility and impact. 

The new move is toward the shorter, more focused and memorable personal or corporate mantra--one to four word commitments that shape life, value and action consistently. 

One way to understand this notion is to consider how work and life are not only ordered, but what is the fundamental value proposition relative to how daily life and work roll out.  What is the fundamental commitment of my organization?  What about my own life, day by day?

The video below gets at the organizational mantra.  I think you'll find it challenging.

But, on a personal basis, what is the one indispensable commitment, truth, action or goal that I bring to every day and to every situation and encounter inside every day, no matter where I am, who I am with or what I am doing?

Here's mine:  Listen carefully.  Listen constantly. 

What's your personal mantra? 



No comments: