CitySquare AmeriCorps is recruiting for Summer 2014!
Help us spread the word about our summer of service opportunity by forwarding this information on to friends, peers, family, coworkers and anyone else you think might be interested! The application is available at www.citysquare.org/becomeamember.
How can you help?
1. Forward this Email! Word of mouth is our best recruitment tool so forward this email to everyone you think might benefit!
2. Post a Flyer! Help us plaster the city with this awesome summer program! (Pull-Tab flyer available in English and Spanish--just call number below!)
3. Invite us to an Event! We’re happy to come out to your group and discuss our program!
Members commit to 300-450 hours of service during the summer, receive a biweekly living allowance while they serve and upon successful completion receive money for school! More details available in the “AmeriCorps Handout 2014” we'll send if you call us.
This summer we have over 225 positions with following programs:
Food on the Move – Serve with a mobile feeding program that provides daily meals to 10,000 children residing in low income apartment communities in Irving, Dallas and Houston. Members must be willing to serve outside all day in the heat, be energetic, have reliable transportation and thrive in a team environment. Preference is given to applicants 21 or over, bilingual (English/Spanish) and access to reliable transportation.
Education - Help eliminate summer learning loss with one of our twelve community partner agencies; members support structured summer programming to provide daily enrichment activities to youth in low income areas of Dallas and San Antonio. Members must have reliable transportation and interest in working with youth.
- Available full-time beginning June 4, 2014 (exceptions will not be made for HS students)
- 17 or older by June 4, 2014
- US Citizen or Permanent Resident (temporary work or student visa does not suffice)
- Available all summer (Edu - August 8, FOM - August 15)
- Reliable Transportation
Priority consideration is given to applications received by March 14, 2014 and on a rolling basis until all summer positions are filled.
We encourage applicants to apply early! Interviews will begin in mid-March!
Jennifer A. Rajkumar
Director of AmeriCorps
409 N. Haskell Ave.
Dallas, TX 75246
P: 214 828 1085 ext 122
F: 214 828 6392