Thursday, September 24, 2015

Greatness passes

I grew up in Dallas, Texas. 

When I was a kid, we didn't have Major League Baseball.  We had minor league teams--Dallas Eagles and the Fort Worth Cats. 

At that time, CBS owned the New York Yankees.  As a result, every Saturday and Sunday I watched the immortal Dizzy Dean and Pee Wee Reese call the Yankees' games.

In short, I grew up a Yankees fan.  Much to the chagrin of many of my family and friends, I remain a Yankee loyalist to this day.  Hey, I've got a full-life portrait of Mickey Mantle hanging in my office to this day! 

Thus, my grief at this moment. 

Clearly, God sent Pope Francis to the USA this week to help me deal with the death of one of my childhood heroes, Yogi Berra (1925-2015). 

What a loss to the world.

I can't talk about it or write any more. 

Possibly you could understand more about my grief by going here

No comments: