Monday, January 25, 2016

Unforgettable

It's really a wonder that I caught sight of it as I walked across Dallas' "Tent City" neighborhood under the I-45 overpass

Tucked away in the very back of a small tent, as if positioned on a very fine, newly made bed; I saw a small, yellow Teddy bear. 

The tent's owner was no child.  A grown woman, out for the day somewhere in Dallas, would return at some point to reconnect with one of her prized possessions

The little bear waited "at home" for her return. 

The little toy communicated a world of information about the place where it rested, as well as the person who owned it. 

Beauty.

Playfulness.

Loneliness.

Respect.

Belonging. 

Comfort.

Hope.

Humanity.

Childlikeness.

Tears.

The yellow Teddy bear invited me into a deeper level of concern for an unknown person who walked the streets in need of a home, a new home for her and her bear. 

The little bear challenged me to act.

No comments: