Sunday, September 28, 2008

Accountability and my constituency


My daughter, Jennifer, and my son-in-law, Brandon, were discussing the current race for President as they watched the evening news one night this past week.

As they talked, Wyatt, their four-year-old, interrupted with a question.

"What do you mean 'the American people'?" he asked.

They went on to explain in terms he could understand what an election was all about, who was running this time and what it meant for the nation.

Both of them told Wyatt who they had decided to vote for in the upcoming election.

Wyatt sat quietly for a moment.

Then, he looked up and, in his trademark husky voice, declared, "Well, I'm voting for Granddad!"

I love that boy!

No one has a better constituency than I do!

Talk about accountability!

Thanks for your confidence, Wyatt. I'll do my best for you.

And, never forget, I love you!

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would vote for you as well.