Tuesday, August 24, 2010

One Man's Treasure

I caught this image on my cell phone about three blocks from my house last week.

The gentleman struggled mightily with his cumbersome load, a large quantity of carpet padding.

I've wondered what plans he had for the treasure he had found.

Possibly he was going to use it as a pad for his "bed," wherever that might be hidden away.

Or, maybe he had plans to sell the padding. I can't imagine where, but who knows.

The picture represents just one moment in time--a moment in his life and mine.

I rushed on toward a day of work and challenge. He struggled on into his day as well, filled with work and challenge of a different sort.

One man's junk is often an other's treasure.

I've been thinking of the gentleman in my photo. I pray his "find" turned out to be worthwhile to him.

I'll be looking for him again.

1 comment:

belinda said...

Years ago we replaced some carpet in our house and were planning to throw it away. We had someone stop and ask about buying it. We told him he was doing us a favor by hauling it away. That man had 10 children. Like you I don't know what he was doing with it, but I'm hopeful it was put to good use.