Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Debra's Story

We encounter thousands of people during the course of every year.

Every person has their own fascinating story.

In the press of our days we know that we must never forget the individual faces. We must be eager to hear and explore the personal stories.

Over the past 13 years this amazing community has taught me that every time I stop and listen, I learn and I am changed.

The power and the beauty and the purpose is always discovered in the stories of the people.

Below is a link to a video about one of our dear friends at Central Dallas Ministries, as well as a letter that she wrote to our community.

Debra's story, like so many others, is amazing! I believe it will lift your soul, to say the least!

I encourage you to set aside a moment to hear how people like you played an important role in changing the direction of her story and, thus, her life!



Dear Friend,

My name is Debra. Three years ago, I was unemployed and living in an abandoned crack house with no water or electricity.

Because of your support of Central Dallas Ministries, I now have my own apartment and a stable job. I’m even able to give back to CDM as a donor! It is amazing that people like you care about people that you haven’t even met.

Thank you for that, and please keep caring!


Sincerely,

Debra



For more stories about CDM's neighbors, please visit:
http://www.CentralDallasMinistries.org/faces/

1 comment:

Chris Field said...

Wow, powerful words in her letter.

"Caring about someone you haven't even met..."
Isn't this really what it's all about? Attempting to bless those we don't know and may never met in the hopes that someday we'll meet them where it counts?

Thanks for this, Larry. I needed to read this reminder this morning.

Blessings my friend.