Monday, May 07, 2007

Owen James

Owen James Frazer entered my world one year ago today!

As a result, May 7, 2006 will always be one of the very best days of my entire life!

From the first moment that I saw him, Owen drilled into my heart and carried me away, just like his two older cousins.

He reaffirms for me the amazing truth that no matter how many grandchildren you have, each one of them gets all of your love!

Owen is my third, and what an amazing and special little fellow he is.

Well, not so "little," actually.

At one-year-old today, Owen is almost three feet tall and weighs in at around 30 pounds! Talk about a "squeezable" little bundle of love!

Isn't it amazing how every child is different, their own unique person from the moment they arrive?

Owen is physically strong and big for his age. He has a gentle spirit and an extremely calm soul about him.

He can be as serious as a judge, as he carefully observes his world!

He can also laugh with cut-loose joy and hilarity when we tickle him or sing to him or play with him.

He reminds me of both of his parents.

He loves balls and toys and Einstein videos and dogs and Taco, the cat.

He's always excited when his dad comes home from work and he always seems glad to fall into my arms. And, he waves his arms when he sees me and he's even started to share my granddad growl that both of my grandsons seem to understand instinctively. Gracie just laughs at me and says, "Oh, Granddad! You're silly!" The boys growl back.

He started walking this week. . .it would probably be good for the walking part if we would all just put him down more often, but everyone fights to hold him!

He has been a "good baby" since he got here, whatever exactly that means! I think it has to do with crying and sleeping, etc. You know, parent concern sort of matters that relate to ease of care and hours of night time sleep! Everyone who really understands the meaning always seems to say this. And, I certainly agree, he is a good baby.

Like his granddad, he loves a good meal and good company.

Owen has no way to understand how much I love him, though I know he gets part of the story already. I'll spend the rest of my life letting him know how important he is to me and just how deep my love really is. It has no limits.

Grandchildren remind me of how much I love their parents. They also reveal what life is supposed to be.

Nothing is better.

Happy birthday, Owen!

Granddad loves you, boy!

4 comments:

Tim Timmons said...

The only question would have to be ...

Does he throw rocking chairs around your living room when he gets hungry or tired?

Some of these things are genetic you know

;-) ;-) ;-)

Larry James said...

No evidence of such unruly behavior as yet! Some things are just hard to live down, huh? :)

carolyn said...

How precious!

Anonymous said...

Grandkids are such a blessing!