Sunday, November 08, 2009

Out my front door. . .

The photos below aren't so clear--taken with my phone from across the street and from an upstairs window.  The first shot doesn't capture very well the long line of men, women and children extending down the sidewalk to the left from our front door all the way to the corner, but they are there.

I wanted to capture the scene and the moment without being obvious or intrusive on our friends and neighbors. 

Over 100 folks waiting outside our door when I arrived for work at about 8:00 a.m. on Friday. 

This is reality outside my door most every day. 

So far in 2009, over 1.5MM pounds of high-quality, mostly nutritious food products distributed to the community in an attempt to provide a helpful supplement to household resources, mostly on the decline. 

Much to do. 

Much to consider. 

Arguments about responses of people of faith pretty well evaporate for me when I see scenes like this one. 


No comments: