Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I am CitySquare: Our Manifesto

I am a CORNERSTONE,
the tried, true, solid BUILDING BLOCK of a better life, of a better city, of a better future.

I am a GATHERING PLACE,
the RALLYING point for a community that cares for its own.

I am a DOER,
a HAMMER that smashes the cycle of homelessness.
For a life spiraling down, I am a NEW TRAJECTORY.
For a heart given to hopelessness, I am a RESET BUTTON.

I am VISIONARY.
I see wealth of opportunity where others see only lack of money.

I am PRAGMATIC,
the embodiment of action, the image of optimism, and the picture of perseverance.
Though I answer a high calling, my feet are firmly on the ground.

I am COURAGEOUS.
I am not afraid to raise my voice, raise some dust, or raise a stink.

I am a GOOD NEIGHBOR,
a FRIEND who lends a hand, not a stranger who gives a handout.

I am STUBBORN,
intolerant of naysayers, impatient with pessimism, and indifferent to obstacles.

I am the DOOR to a better life,
the PATH to a better job,
the LADDER up from despair to dignity.

I am a FIGHTER,
and I never, never, never give up.

I am NOURISHMENT.
I am HEALTH.
I am HOPE.

I am CITYSQUARE.

No comments: