Wednesday, June 28, 2006

God Indicts a Nation That Crushes the Poor


A message seldom heard in places of worship these days. . .a value message, lost and in need, badly in need of recovery. . .
______________________________________________

The LORD takes his place in court; he rises to judge the people.

The LORD enters into judgment against the elders and leaders of his people:

“It is you who have ruined my vineyard; the plunder from the poor is in your houses.

What do you mean by crushing my people and grinding the faces of the poor?” declares the Lord, the LORD Almighty.

Isaiah 3:13-15

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

EXACTLY!

I am currently writing about this on my own blog, examining Isaiah 1-5.

I thoroughly believe that God has begun to lift His hand of blessing and protection from America because her Christians have ignored the cries of the poor, and indulged in incessant moral compromise.

The verses you quoted strike a deep chord with me.

Blessings!

Anonymous said...

Funny how the analysis of Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell just don't line up with this analysis, yet these words give us paise as people who look honestly at our nation.