Thursday, March 24, 2011
Join advocates from around the state as we focus lawmakers’ attention on health insurance.
• Meet at the Capitol at 10am (buses will be available from Dallas)
• Hear up-to-the-minute information from legislators and issue experts and share breakfast with health advocates from across the state
• Gather on the Capitol Steps for a press conference on the importance of health care in this legislative session
• Participate in scheduled meetings with legislators and their staffs
• Lobby Day events will end at 5pm
Texas has had the highest uninsured rate in the nation for two decades, and it’s time to get covered!
• Texans have new opportunities to get quality, affordable insurance and our state can benefit from new federal resources—legislators need to make health care reform work in Texas.
• We can’t balance the budget on the backs of sick people. Lawmakers are proposing cuts up to 30% for health insurance and health care services—this will take our state farther backward instead of helping get Texans covered!
Join us if any of the following issues are important to you:
• Protecting CHIP and Medicaid health coverage for 3 million Texas children and nearly 1 million adults including expectant moms, seniors and those with disabilities.
• Ensuring that hospitals stay open for everyone. Cutting resources to hospitals reduces availability and puts everyone at-risk during a medical emergency.
• Ensuring seniors and the disabled are able to continue receiving care in nursing homes and in their communities
• Ensuring access to all the benefits Texans should get from national health reform and preparing for full reform implementation in 2014.
HOW CAN YOU SIGN UP TO ATTEND LOBBY DAY?
Register NOW! Cover Texas Now Lobby Day is free, and registering early helps us make your day as worthwhile as possible.
Visit www.covertexasnow.org to register for Lobby Day and check bus pick-up location and times.
Participants should wear a bright green t-shirt to the event!
Dallas Bus and Travel Info
Team Lead: Jessica Davila (email@example.com)
Bus Meeting Information:
East Dallas Christian Church
629 North Peak St., Dallas, TX 75246
Parking lot on the southwest corner of Worth St. and N. Peak St
Time: Meet at 5:30 am to leave at 5:45 am sharp
Need more details? Call 214-303-2146 or email JDavila@citysquare.org
Can’t make it to Austin on March 30?
Contact us for more information on how you can get involved – in your own backyard! Sign up for email alerts, contact your legislator, or even plan an event in your area for the same day. Let your lawmakers know that people in your community are talking about health!