Saturday, September 02, 2006

A baby and a butterfly. . .

I'm not sure how I managed to be so blessed. But, it is definitely true that I am.

Just look!

Our two daughters and the men they married are "off the charts" in our opinion! Wonderful couples who bring us such great joy! I expect that we are like every other family in that regard. . .way proud of our kids.

Then, of course, nothing prepares you for grandchildren.

"Amazing" is a mega-understatement.

Here you see our two oldest grandchildren--Gracie Bea (4) and Wyatt James (2), the children of our oldest daughter, Jennifer, and her husband, Brandon Toombs. They are trying to decide what they think of their very first cousin, little Owen James (now almost 4 months who is trying to decide what he thinks of his two older cousins!), the son of our youngest daughter, Joanna and her husband, Jordan Frazer.

What a sweet, sweet time!

Then, there is mom and Gracie and Wyatt, on the very same day that baby Owen was born, setting their now fully developed Monarch butterfly free for its life. Significant "coincidence."

Mystery and wonder all around.

About one month later, Wyatt and Gracie enjoy "Aunt Jo" on her birthday, as "Granny" looks on. What a hoot!



These children are beyond describing for me.

Like all little ones, they are incredibly precious and worthy of our very best.

Forgive me. I just had to share!

(Stay tuned: Just wait till I post a photo of Owen in his cowboy hat, along with other proud grand dad shots!)

I will send the rest of my life trying to let these little ones know how much I love them.

2 comments:

Janet Morrison-Lane said...

I will spend the rest of my life trying to let these little ones know how much I love them.

That's what I think I appreciate so much about you, Larry. You spend your life not just trying to let your grandchildren know how much you love them, but you spend your life trying to let everybody around you know that you love and appreciate them and value who they are. People do matter to you.

I believe your unconditional love allows us all to become better people because we begin believing in and valuing ourselves like you have believed in and valued us. I'm sure it will be the same with your grandchildren. Thanks for being that example.

JD said...

Grandchildren are precious! You are truly blessed! Thanks for sharing!